Funza Bursaries are offered by the Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme, the programme is aim to promote teachers yearly in public schools. The programme offers full cost bursaries to assist students in completion of their teaching qualification in specified areas of national government priority. Applicant who successfully got this bursary will in return be required to teach in public schools for the same period the bursary was offered.
Funza Bursary Requirements
- Proven academic record
- Qualify to study a degree or PGCE in two of the priority areas
- Must be determine and committed in a career of teaching
- Must have the love and interest in working with young people
- Must be able to deal with difficult challenges
- Excited to venture in the career of teaching
- Be ready to teach at any school the provincial education department will appoint
- Preference will be give to applicants from rural areas and applicants who would not have a problem teaching in rural areas and also applicant who need financial assistance to further their studies in the career of teaching.
Funza Bursaries key areas
Computer Applications Technology
Engineering Graphics and Design