SAPPI Learnership – We have a tradition of innovating and developing new products to meet local demand for newsprint, uncoated graphic and business papers, packaging and speciality papers used and protect our customers’ products especially in the agricultural sector and speciality papers used in the convenience food, confectionery, cosmetic and luxury markets, and tissue products for household, medical and industrial use in the Southern Africa region.
We are also the world’s largest manufacturer of dissolving wood pulp (DWP), which are used worldwide by converters to create viscose fibre for fashionable clothing and textiles, acetate tow, pharmaceutical products as well as a wide range of consumer and household products. Almost all of the production of our mills in South Africa is exported.
Sappi Southern Africa operates four mills and has a combined production capacity of 685,000 tons of paper, 665,000 tons of paper pulp and over a million tons of dissolving wood pulp per annum. The pulp purchased by our European business is effectively hedged by Sappi Southern Africa being a net seller of pulp.
Our headquarters in Johannesburg (South Africa), manages the sub-divisions of Sappi Forests, Sappi Paper and Paper Packaging, and Sappi Specialised Cellulose. A number of regional functions like finance, human resources, sales and marketing, technical and engineering as well as board functions are also based there
SAPPI Learnership Requirements
SAPPI Learnership Responsibilities
- Maintain, repair and overhaul equipment concerning Air-con, Electrical, Mechanical, and Instrumentation workshop services
- Assist production personnel with isolation process where required
- Obtain Sappi Lock out permit as per job requirements
- Handle refrigerant safely and dispose fluorescent tubes in a safe manner
- Correct selection and use of tools for the job and maintenance there off
SAPPI Learnership Competencies
- High performer
- Safety conscious
- Team player
- Engineering aptitude
- Basic computer literacy advantageous
How to Apply
Note this learnership is now closed