SANSA Bursaries – SANSA has the following bursaries available from the Space Science Directorate situated in Hermanus, Western Cape to be filled by individual(s) with the relevant skills, drive, competencies and qualifications. SANSA Space Science forms part of the worldwide network of magnetic observatories, undertakes fundamental Space Science research, maintains infrastructure required to monitor the near Earth space environment, and provides space weather and other applied science services.
SANSA Bursaries Available
- Detecting radiation from space and its effects on the atmosphere (e.g. ozone loss)
- Comparing atmospheric electric fields from the north and south hemispheres
- The effect of atmospheric dynamics on navigation and radio communications
- The movement of energy from space into the upper-atmosphere
- The effect of solar storms on the electrical power grid
- Behaviour of the south Atlantic magnetic anomaly
- Waves in the atmosphere and ionosphere
- Dust in the atmosphere from meteorites
- Atmospheric electric circuit
- Global magnetic oscillations
- Lightning strikes into space
- Waves in plasmas (theory)
- Climate change trends
- Ionospheric studies
SANSA Bursaries Requirements
- Student should have obtained an aggregate of 65% from previous degree
- Be a South African citizen (preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals)
- Meet the minimum entry level requirement for acceptance to a South African University at the level for which the bursary is required.
- Intends to register between March and September 2015
- Have a proposal and supervisor already identified
- Please download Testimonial template from Bursaries menu
- Request education official to complete testimonial document.
- Have a valid e-mail address so that SANSA can communicate with you during the application process.
- Submit all the necessary supporting documents as part of the online application process. If you are unable to do so, you will not be able to submit your online application.
Upload supporting documents:
- Certified copy of your June results or progress report of all subjects (if no examinations were written) and project titles are compulsory for the application.
- Certified copy of your South African ID or other form of identification.
- Research proposal if MSc or PhD application (This does not have to be already approved by a University).
SANSA Bursaries: Launch your own success!
Rules for uploading supporting documents:
- Files cannot be larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only the following file types are allowed: pdf (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), doc (Word document file) or tif (image file).
How to apply for a bursary
To receive application forms please leave your email address here.
All enquiries should be addressed to Miss Sinakho Mrwetyana via email at email@example.com or at 028 312 1196
Enter your email address for all bursary forms: