SAMRO bursaries are made available to applicants who are studying towards a diploma or degree qualification majoring in Music. Bursary applicants must be on their second or third year of study.
SAMRO Bursary Value
The annual value of the bursary per student is R11 000 which should be allocated for the fees only.
SAMRO Bursary Application Requirements
If you want to be considered for SAMRO bursary, your application needs to meet the following requirement below:
- You must be a South African citizen/ Swaziland citizen/ Botswana citizen/ Lesotho citizen
- Completed your Grade 12/Matric
- You must be accepted in any university in South Africa
- Be enrolled on a full time programme
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation by uploading them to your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Proof of University registration for 2018 (on tertiary letterhead)
- Most recent tertiary exam results/ academic record/ transcript (on tertiary letterhead)
- Two reference letters from your current university lecturers (please ensure that your references read the Reference Letter Guidelines)
- Masters students must add: synopsis of your thesis (max 5 to 8 pages) and a reference letter from your supervisor
How To Apply For SAMRO Bursaries?
Applications must be submitted online
SAMRO Bursary Contact Details
The Southern African Music Rights Organisation (SAMRO)
Tel: 011 712 8417 / 011 712 8444