Msunduzi Municipality bursary, in line with its Human Resources Development Strategy, hereby presents exciting opportunities for students in 2018 – 2019 (Ref: BUR 16)Applications for bursaries offered by Msunduzi Municipality are expected from candidates who are studying or have been accepted by an institution of higher learning to study towards the following qualification:
Msunduzi Municipality bursary Available
BSc Electrical Engineering (1)National Diploma: Electrical Engineering (1)BSc Civil Engineering (1)National Diploma: Civil Engineering (1)Bachelor in Town Planning (1)National Diploma: Town Planning (1)Bachelor in Real Estate ( Valuations) (1)National Diploma: Engineering Survey (1)National Diploma: Horticulture (1)Bachelor in Commerce in Internal Audit & Accounting (2)Bachelor in Social Science – Environment Management / Geography (1)
Msunduzi Municipality bursary Qualifying Criteria:
Undergraduate student at a tertiary institution or completed/completing Grade 12.A youth residing in Pietermaritzburg with a willingness to learn & work in Local GovernmentA South African Citizen of a historically disadvantaged background
How to apply
Bursary Application Forms available here
About Msunduzi Municipality
Pietermaritzburg, situated within the Msunduzi Municipal boundary, is the Capital City of The Province of Kwa-Zulu Natal. Pietermaritzburg has come a long way from the quiet, colonial outpost it once was. Today, it is a modern South African city that is home to over 600 000 people of diverse cultures.
Pietermaritzburg is the “City of Choice” because we are:
- only 45 minutes by road from Durban, Africa’s Busiest port;
- only one hour away by road to The New King Shaka Airport;
- only one hour by air from Pietermaritzburg Airport to OR Tambo International Airport(Johannesburg);
- only 90 minutes from the central Drakensberg resorts;
- the new capital of South Africa’s most popular province, KwaZulu-Natal; our city’s economy grew by an incredible 30% in 2003-2004 and continues to grow at an exceptional rate;
- an educational centre of excellence;
- home to great international events, such as the Comrades Marathon, the Duzi Marathon, the Midmar Mile, the Royal & Garden Show, Art & Cars in the Park and International cycling events like the UCI BMX World Championships.
Here one can walk in the footsteps of Gandhi, Mandela and Paton, and many other truly great South Africans.