DENOSA Bursary – DENOSA (Democratic Nursing Organization of South Africa) is the biggest nurses’ trade union in South Africa, with more than 84 000 members. Formed in 1996, DENOSA describes itself as a voluntary organisation for South African midwifery and nursing professionals.
A Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU) affiliate and a member of the International Council of Nurses, DENOSA is focused on trade union as well as professional development offering training to nurses.
DENOSA Bursaries Available
Note this bursary is offered to students who are interested or currently studying in the fields of medical. Students must be in line with nursing studies.
- Bridging courses and short courses
- Community nursing science
- Community health nursing, psychiatric nursing and geriatric nursing
- Postgraduate studies (at a University or Technikon)
- Clinical Master’s degree programme
The bursary award will only cover a small portion of tertiary expenses, therefore students are required to have funding for the shortfall.
Students who will be awarded the bursary will be required to reapply for funding each year, and funding will be granted based on academic performance.
Applicants will receive feedback on whether their application was successful by April 2019
DENOSA Bursary Requirement
Applicants who are interested in applying for this bursary must make sure they meet the following criteria:
- South African citizen
- A fully paid-up member of DENOSA for at least the past 2 years
- A fully paid-up member of DENOSA for the upcoming academic year
- Remain a fully paid-up member of DENOSA for the entire duration of the bursary award
- Registered midwife/ nurse
- Completed approved post-basic work
- Registered and accepted to study at a recognised University/ Technikon/ College in South Africa
- Post-basic undergraduate courses (at Technikon/ University): completed a minimum of half of the courses
- Post-basic diploma courses: completed at least half of the courses (for course of more than 1 year)
- Short courses: listed with the South African Nursing Council OR can motivate how this course will improve their nursing career (if not listed with the SANC)
- Bridging courses: completed the first year of study
How To Apply
Applications forms can be collected at any DENOSA provincial office
- Head Office: 605 Stanza Bopape Street, Pretoria, 0001
- Eastern Cape office: 5 Geard Street, North End, Port Elizabeth 6001
- Free State office: 25A Milner Road, Wavelley, Bloemfontein 9301
- Gauteng office: 6 Berkswell Street, Gresswold, Johannesburg, 2090
- KwaZulu Natal office: 1320 Durdoc Centre, 460 Smith Street, Durban, 4001
- North West office: 0137 Provident Street, A.N. Lekgetha Building, Mmabatho, 2735
- Limpopo office: 96 Biccard Street, Polokwane, 0700
- Mpumalanga office: 23a Steak Street, Nelspruit, 1200
- Northern Cape office: Permanent Bldg. Cnr. Jones & Du Toitspan ST 2nd floor, Room 204 Kimberly 8301
- Western Cape office: 2 First Avenue, Bellville, 7530
31 January 2019 (at 16:00).
For any additional information related to this bursary, please contact DENOSA directly: