Shoprite Bursary – If you are looking for a lifetime career where you can grow and learn about a diverse range of inspirational brands, if you would like to be part of a unique company that offers brilliant opportunities and has a passion for its staff and customer. then come and EXPLORE the opportunities at the Shoprite Group and discover how you can BE MORE!The program involves full study bursaries of between R 30 000 and R 60 000 per year (depending on the study area), and vacation work.
Shoprite Bursary Available
Get a bursary from Africa’s largest retailer to study any of the following:
- Charted Accounting
- Supply Chain Management
- Information Technology
- Industrial Engineering
- Business Management
The Bursary aims at attracting and funding future Marketing specialists to join Shoprite’s Marketing department upon graduation. The Bursary is available for 1st, 2nd, 3rd year and Honours Students.
Shoprite Bursary Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric AND have obtained a minimum average of 70% for first semester
- Currently studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study AND have obtained a minimum average of 60% for first semester
- Accounting students:
- studying towards a BCompt/ Bachelors of Accounting, leading to CTA and qualifying for a registered articles program (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year/ Honours)
- Information Technology students: studying towards a BSc in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Mathematical Science/ Data Science (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year)
- Logistics students: studying towards a BComm in Logistics (Quantitative Management)/ BSc in Operational Research or a related qualifications (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year)
- Retail/ Hospitality Management students: National Diploma:Retail Business or equivalent (1st year/ 2nd year/ 3rd year/ B-Tech)
How to apply for Shoprite Bursary
Applicant can apply online
The following documents may be required when applying for this bursary, make sure the documents are clear and certified:
- ID document
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Latest tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level
31 January 2019.
For any additional information related to this bursary, please contact Shoprite directly:
Tel: 021 980 4000
Read the FAQ’s before contacting Shoprite: https://shoprite-bursary.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Content/FAQ-s_-_Applying_for_a_Bursary
Shoprite made a promise of lower prices over 40 years ago. More than just words, this promise has formed the very foundation of our business and has helped us grow into Africa’s largest food retailer. Today, with over 500 outlets and 22 million shoppers, we continue to provide many communities with a variety of food products, household goods and small appliances at our lowest possible prices.
More services for more convenience
We know life can get quite busy so, beyond every day low prices on household essentials, one of our goals has also been to make shopping as quick and easy as it can be. Thanks to our Money Market services, you can pay accounts, send money, book bus tickets and even take care of insurance in-store. You’ll also find LiquorShop and MediRite Pharmacy at some of our outlets.
Our role in job creation
Even through some very tough economic times, we not only managed to prevent job losses, but also helped to create thousands more. Shoprite’s stores have a current estimate of 130 000 employees. Apart from that, we also run food subsidies to help our communities through difficult times, with one subsidy providing savings of R20 million across the country.