SA Municipality Bursaries City of Joburg Bursaries
SA Municipality Bursaries – The City of Joburg approved a youth development policy and strategy and through this policy it aims to capacitate communities with better resourced youth and develop the skills of young people.
The City of Joburg has made 30 bursaries available to young Johannesburg citizens, who permanently reside within the City, to pursue full time undergraduate education and courses in one of the following fields:
SA Municipality Bursaries Available
• National Diploma In Fire Technology (3 years) – Tshwane University of Technology
• Bachelors Degree In Emergency Medical Care (4years) – University of Johannesburg
SA Municipality Bursaries Selection Criteria
• Good academic merit; minimum D Symbol in Maths ,Science
• Applicants are expected to study at one of the 2 chosen institutions
• Be a South African Citizen between the ages of 17-25 years
• Physically fit
• Financially needy-combined household salary Of less than R 15 000
• It is the students responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
• The Bursary covers courses and registration fees, prescribed books and or/course material.
SA Municipality Bursaries Requirements
Student loans – this bursaries is not a student loans so the application requirements stated below are for a bursary. For student loans you are advised to visit your banking institution to inquire. Most banks of South Africa do offer student loans for courses offered in local universities and universities of technology.
CVs must be accompanied by Certified copies of the following:
• Most recent academic record
• South African identity Document
• Proof of residency in Johannesburg (statement of water and lights, rates and Taxes)
• Proof of household income/affidavit.