Sanlam Bursaries programme invites student applicants to submit applications for bursaries to further their studies. For almost 100 years Sanlam has been in the business of planning futures. Sanlam attitude is one of proper dedication to doing what we do exceptionally well.
Part of Sanlam’s commitment to trade is recognising that for one to be a master in their trade, support is a key ingredient. That is why Sanlam offer bursaries to learners who have enrolled to study actuarial science in 2019.
Who Must Apply for Sanlam bursary?
If you are a whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge that includes not limited too;
Note this challenges must be maintained throughout the years of your studying and training. If you are capable of the above mentioned, then we are looking for you.
Sanlam Bursaries Value
- Tuition and accommodation fees
- Allowances for books, travel and pocket money
- Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
- Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
- Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
- Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
Sanlam Bursary Minimum Requirements
Final Grade 11 results
Certified copy of your identity document (ID)
An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
Grade 12 results may be used as deciding factor
Bursary Application Competencies
- Strong Analytical Ability
- Problem Solving Skills
- Order and Accuracy
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to function independently
- Good communication skills
We are committed to embracing and accelerating transformation. In accordance with Sanlam’s employment equity plan, preference will therefore be given to suitably qualified applicants from the designated race (Black South Africans i.e. African, Coloured and Indian scholars).
How To Apply?
Apply online here https://www.sanlam.co.za/careers/Pages/bursaries.aspxonline