About SAICA Bursaries
SAICA Bursaries – The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) is the foremost accountancy body in South Africa and one of the leading Institutes in the world. It plays an influential role in a highly dynamic business sector.
SAICA Bursaries: The Following Universities are the only universities working with Thuthuka
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU)
BCom Accounting (Course Code 40003)
University of Johannesburg (UJ)
Bachelor of Accounting (Course Code BCAO12)
University of Cape Town (UCT)
BCom (Course Code CB023)
University of the Free State (UFS – Bloemfontein Campus)
Bachelor of Accounting (Course / Study Codo 6319)
University of Witwatersrand (WITS)
BAcc Science (Course Code CBOO8)
University of Pretoria (UP)
BCom Accounting Sciences (Course Code 07130042)
Stellenbosch University (SU)
BCom AccountinglB Rek (Course Code 3091001)
North West University – (Potch Campus) and
BCom CA (Course Code 500 155 E371P)
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
Apply to at least 2 Universities.
NB: One of these Universities must be the closest to your home
Thuthuka Bursaries are only awarded to students who are accepted at these universities
SAICA Bursaries Scheme
Please read carefully before completing and returning application forms
1. This document is not in any way an agreement or commitment.
2. The bursaries are awarded annually as per the conditions of the agreement between the recipient and the Thuthuka Bursary Fund. Renewal is at the discretion of the fund.
3. Successful applicants will be required to enter into an agreement with the Thuthuka Bursary Fund and NSFAS.
4. The closing date for applications s April 30th.
5. To be considerod for the Thuthuk.a Bursary Fund. you are reqwred to registel Si write the National Benchmark Testt (NBT)
6. Your application will remain incomplete until we receive the letter f provisional acceptance to university, the final Grade 12 results and NBT results.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO BE NOTED BEFORE COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
1. The Thuthuka bursaries are only available for African and
2. Only Students doing Mathematics as a subject will be
considered. NOT MATHS UTERACY!
3. Applicants provisionally awarded bursailes will be
notified in December.
4. The final confirmation on the awarding of the bursary will
depend on the following:
a. Confirmation of your acceptance into the Thuthuka
programme at a specific TBF University.
b. Attaining the required endorsement (Bachelors Pass)
and points (i.e. M-Score) to study the degree leading
to a CA (SA) TBF programme.
5. ALL CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED USING THE NSFAS MEANS TEST TO DETERMINE FINANCIAL NEED.