NSFAS Bursaries Available
NSFAS is the South African government student loan and bursary scheme. We provide loans and bursaries to students at all 25 public universities and 50 public TVET colleges throughout the country. NSFAS funding has grown from R441 million in 1999 to R8,5 billion in 2018.
We have helped leaders in all fields. Read about their success stories here. When NSFAS students graduate, and pay back their loans, we can help more students in future.
A NSFAS bursary is the money you receive to cover the costs of your studies for certain qualifications at any public university or college in South Africa.
This money does not have to be repaid to NSFAS.
We administer various bursary funds, including:
- The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme to train teachers
- Bursaries for studying Social Work through the Department of Social Development
- Bursaries from the National Skills Fund for scarce skills
- Bursaries for the National Certificate (Vocational) and for certain Report 191 courses at FET colleges
- The bursary programme of the Department of Higher Education and Training for students with disabilities.
How To Apply
Visit NSFAS website in order to apply.