Mintek’s Postgraduate Bursary Programme further equips undergraduates through the development of research methodology skills at the Masters level, followed by the generation of original research that contributes new knowledge to a field at the Doctorate level. Bursaries cover the full payment of registration, tuition and residence fees, plus an allowance with a commitment to work at Mintek on a month-for-month basis. Bursars are also given the opportunity to work closely with experts in their field of interest as well as in other disciplines.
Mintek has a strong interest in students who intend to pursue / are currently pursuing postgraduate degrees or diplomas in the following fields:
- Chemistry (Analytical or Geochemistry)
- Extractive Metallurgy (Pyrometallurgy or Hydrometallurgy, including Bio – hydrometallurgy)
- Fuel Cells · Geology (Mineralogy , Petrology, Applied Geology or Economic Geology)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Minerals Processing
- Mining Engineering
- Mining – Focused Environmental Compliance
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Physical Metallurgy
- Precious Metal – Based drug Discovery
- Process Control Systems or Electronics ( Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering)
Mintek bursars are obliged to undertake vacation work at Mintek at the end of their first, second, and third undergraduate years for approximately 8 weeks. Vacation work affords Mintek the opportunity to impart to bursars the necessary knowledge, skills and experience that is needed for research, development and technology transfer to industry, and to evaluate them as potential employees. Through the placement of the bursars at the various technical divisions Mintek ensures that students’ get the essential exposure to high level project work relevant to the business and the minerals sector.
Mintek hosts only its bursars for vacation work, owing to limited supervisory capacity and project availability.
How to Apply
Please enter your email address on the link here to get bursary application form direct to your email address:
- Certified copy of proof of identity (ID or passport).
- Certified copies of Matric certificate and official university transcript / certificates / registration .
Completed application forms with supporting documentation must be submitted to Mintek’s Academic Liaison Officer as follows:
- Via post: Mintek Bursary Office, Private Bag X3015 , Randburg 2125
- E – mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 011 709 4465
Enter your email address for all bursary forms: