Webber Wentzel bursary has 10 available to award to South African students interested in studying law, to the value of R50 000 each.
The bursary will cover the following expense:
- Tuition Fees
- Prescribed Textbooks
Students who perform excellent in their studies, may be given the opportunity to be employed by Webber Wentzel as candidate attorneys, on completion of their studies.
Webber Wentzel Bursary Requirements
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Studying at a recognised South African tertiary educational institution
- Registered to study penultimate year toward an LLB degree qualification
- Maintain a minimum academic average of 65%
- Strong academic results
Preference will be given to students who show academic excellence, as well as those from historically disadvantaged backgrounds and those in financial need.
How To Apply
Download and complete the Webber Wentzel Scholarship Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts (of LLB degree course) up until November of the current academic year
- Academic transcripts of any other undergraduate qualification and relevant qualifications
- Latest tertiary fee statement
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse/ your own proof of income (latest payslips if employed, sworn affidavits if unemployed, financial statements if self-employed)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse death certificates if deceased (certified copy) (if unavailable, submit sworn affidavits)
- Parents/ own divorce certificate if divorced (certified copy) (sworn affidavits if separated but not divorced)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Webber Wentzel Scholarship Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
30 January 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Webber Wentzel directly:
Webber Wentzel Graduate Recruitment team
Contact Person: Phindile Hlabangane (Graduate Recruitment Manager) / Nokwazi Sibiya (Graduate Recruitment Consultant)
Tel: 011 530 5432 / 011 530 5323