IDC Bursary has a bursary programme that assists selected learners who are academically talented but lack financial resources to pursue higher education. The programme focuses mainly on law, commerce, science and engineering and covers tuition, accommodation and books.
IDC Bursary Requirements
Who can Apply:
- South African citizens with a valid ID number residing in the Republic of South Africa and who qualify for admission to a University or University of Technology and TVET (Technical vocational education and training) college, and are not studying with the aid of an employer or bursary.
- Applicants must have grade 12 Maths and Science with a minimum of a B aggregate symbol.
- University or University of Technology students who have already successfully completed one or more years will be considered on their Grade 12 and most recent academic results.
- If you are already studying towards a degree course for which you are applying for a bursary, you must have passed all courses for which you have registered at the university for the study period already completed.
- Applications must be for full time studies towards an academic degree at an accredited South African university or university of technology.
- No bursaries are awarded for studies at a college, e.g. Damelin, Boston, etc.
IDC Bursary Value
The value of the bursary for full-time undergraduate/ diploma studies comprises of the following: Tuition and Campus accommodation will be paid directly to the university;
Prescribed Text books fees will be paid directly to a service provider on submission of quotations and all relevant documents;
Accommodation at university approved residence will be paid directly to the Landlord on the basis of an approved lease agreement between the student and the landlord.
The payments timelines will be agreed upon between the parties but ideally in line with the University’s semester system;
Meal allowance for students living in self-catering residence either on campus or at university approved residence will be paid on a quarterly basis;
NB. The bursary may also be awarded for the purpose of acquiring a compulsory post- graduate qualification in order to obtain a prescribed professional status.