Arts and Culture Bursaries Available. Culture is the characteristics and knowledge of a particular group of people, encompassing language, religion, cuisine, social habits, music and arts.
he Center for Advance Research on Language Acquisition goes a step further, defining culture as shared patterns of behaviors and interactions, cognitive constructs and understanding that are learned by socialization. Thus, it can be seen as the growth of a group identity fostered by social patterns unique to the group.
“Culture encompasses religion, food, what we wear, how we wear it, our language, marriage, music, what we believe is right or wrong, how we sit at the table, how we greet visitors, how we behave with loved ones, and a million other things,” Cristina De Rossi, an anthropologist at Barnet and Southgate College in London, told Live Science.
The word “culture” derives from a French term, which in turn derives from the Latin “colere,” which means to tend to the earth and grow, or cultivation and nurture. “It shares its etymology with a number of other words related to actively fostering growth,” De Rossi said.
Culture Bursaries Available
- Archaeology (marine, etc.)
- Archives and records management
- Conservation of the built environment
- Restorative and preventive conservation
- Collections (cultural & natural) management
- Heritage resources management
- Museum management and curatorship
- Courses that contribute to the preservation and promotion of S.A. Living Heritage
Culture Bursaries Available Requirements
The following documents must accompany the application:
- Certified copy of birth certificate or ID document
- Z83 Form
- Certified copy of the salary statement and / or proof of income and affidavit of your parents / guardians (if not working)
- Certified copy of Grade 12 June examination results / Grade 12 / Matric results
- If already at university – latest results / academic record
- Proof of admission or provisional admission at an institution of higher learning
- South African citizenship
- Financially needy
How to Apply
Post: Department of Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria, 0001 OrHand deliver: Heritage Bursaries, 481 Kingsley Centre, 5th Floor, Cnr. Stanza Bopape & Steve Biko Street, Arcadia, Pretoria.Enquiries Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Note this bursary is now closed