Umgeni Water is committed to support tertiary education in various fields and is offering three (3) bursaries to full time second year UNIVERSITY students pursuing degrees in the fields mentioned below which will benefit the organisation and the water sector:
Bursaries Key Responsibilities
What does the Umgeni Water bursary cover?
Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books & stationery, meals and accommodation .Tuition and accommodation fees will be paid directly to the University.
Bursaries Minimum Qualification, Knowlege & Skills
Number of Bursaries per field of study
- Civil Engineering x1
- Chemical Engineering x1
- Electrical Engineering x1
Eligibility Candidates meeting the following criteria may apply:
- South African citizens who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal would be given first preference
- Meet entry requirements for the second year of chosen field (provide proof of academic record)
- Applicants who are already studying, must have passed all courses for which they are registered at the university for the study period to date (50 % aggregate)
- Applications must be for full time studies only
- Demonstrate potential for academic success
- Short listed candidates will undergo a psychometric assessment and interview
- Bursaries will be awarded to designated groups or applicants with a financial need
- Applicant may not receive any other grant for the same qualification without prior written approval
- A service contract equal to the duration of the bursary
How to Apply
Application Forms can be requested from the official specified below. Please ensure that the documents mentioned below are attached to the application forms once filled.
- Application and motivation letter
- Proof of university registration
- Certified copy of RSA ID
- Full academic transcripts / results (2014 results)
The application closing date is the 27 February 2015
Post / e-mail to: The Skills Development Facilitator
P O Box 9
Successful candidates will be notified by phone and the awarding of the bursary will be dependent on the successful completion of current year of study with an aggregate of 50%.
For more information contact Tel: (033) 341 1346 or (033) 341 1093
Enter your email address for all bursary forms: