Social Development Bursary
Social Development Bursary – The Department of Social Development operates within the mandate from national policy and legislative frameworks. The functional mandate of the Department of Social Development is derived from the White Paper for Social Welfare (1997) and White Paper for Population Policy for South Africa (1998).
Social Development Bursary Available
Bursaries (financial assistance) are available to students residing in the Gauteng Province who wish to study at a recognized/ accredited higher learning institution within the Province.
- The GDSD Bursary Scheme promotes career development within the Social Development professions and scarce skills. Applicants must demonstrate a willingness to be part of a dedicated and skilled workforce committed to social development for a better life for the population of Gauteng and all South Africans.
- Assistance will be for the education, training and skills development of youth who are considering a career in Community Development (Revised NQF level 8 qualification), Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Occupational therapy, Demography and Population Studies. Bursaries aim to assist in achieving the Employment Equity imperatives within the National Skills Development Strategy and the Department of Social Development’s strategic priorities.)
Social Development Bursary Requirements
Youth with a disability
- Youth leaving child and youth care facilities( incl. places of safety and children’s homes).
- Students that have gained university entrance to study in the year 2015.
- Students that excel academically with at least a C Symbol Aggregate in Matric.
- Students that are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme.
- Applicants who wish to study towards areas identified by the department as scarce skills such as Community Development, Demography, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Population Studies and Occupational Therapy.
- Applicants that have been permanent residents within the Gauteng Province for at least one-year prior to application.
- Applicants that are South African citizens.
How to Apply
Note this bursary is now closed