Department of art and culture is offering bursaries for students currently doing their first, second or third year and students who will be doing their first year 2015. Below are the details of the bursary and how to apply.
Archaeology (Marine, etc.)
– Archives and Records Management
– Conservation of the Built Environment
– Restorative and Preventive Conservation
– Collections (Cultural and Natural) Management
– Heritage Resources Management
– Museum Management and Curatorship
– Courses that contribute to the preservation and promotion of the South African Living Heritage.
South African citizenship
Academic potential / satisfactory academic performance (submit academic progress report if already at an institution) Field of study (Heritage related)
Admission letter or proof of registration at an accredited institution of higher learning
Certified copy of Birth Certificate or ID document
Certified copy of the salary statement and / or proof of income and an affidavit of your parents / guardians (if not working)
Certified copy of Grade 12 June examination results / Grade 12 Final Matric results
If already at a university
Latest results / academic record
Proof of admission or provisional admission at an institution of higher learning.
How to Apply
Post: The Heritage Bursaries, Department of Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria, 0001 or Hand-delivered at: Heritage Bursaries, 481 Kingsley Centre, 5th Floor, Corner Stanza Bopape and Steve Biko Streets, Arcadia, Pretoria.