Capricorn District Municipality Bursary Information
District Municipality Bursary invites applications for financial assistance from well-performing matriculants who wish to further their studies at Capricorn FET (Seshego Campus).
Capricorn District Municipality Bursary Requirements
- Excellent pass in grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science.
- Be financially needy (from disadvantaged background)
- Be willing to study civil engineering or water-related courses. Students will be expected to specialise in areas such as Welding, electricity, plumbing, fitting & turning as well as mechanical.
- Be willing to study at Capricorn FET (Seshego campus).
- Be a permanent resident of Capricorn District (proof from Municipality/tribal office)
- Proof of income of parent/s in the last 12 months
- Not be current beneficiary of any other bursary
How To Apply for District Municipality Bursary
What is a District
A municipal utility district is a special-purpose district or other jurisdiction that provides services (such as electricity, natural gas, sewage treatment, waste collection/management, wholesale telecommunications, water) to district residents. Local residents may vote to establish a municipal utility district, which is represented by a board of directors elected by constituents. As governmental bodies, they are usually nonprofit. Public utility districts have similar functions, but are created by a local government body such as a city or county, and have no authority to levy taxes.