SATI Bursary (The South African Translators’ Institute) is offering two bursaries to students who are currently studying in their 2nd or 3rd or 4th academic year in the fields listed below.
SATI Bursaries Available
- Translation Studies
- Interpreting Studies
- Language Practice Studies
SATI Bursary Value
The SATI Bursary will be offered to the value of R20 000 per student. Students are to fund the remaining study fees expenses.
SATI Bursary Requirements
Applicants who wish to apply for the SATI bursary, must meet the following requirements.
- South African citizen
- Able to work in combinations of the South African official languages
- Studying towards a undergraduate qualification within the translation, interpreting, language field (2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year of study)
- Enrolled in a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for for all language practice subjects in 2018
- Proven financial need
- Have access to additional funding to subsidise the remainder of the tuition fees for the year (proof will be required)
- Do not hold any other current bursary awards/ funding to cover the expenses to be covered by the SATI award
- Good academic record and a high chance of succeeding in your studies
- Likely to make a positive contribution to the profession once graduated
How To Apply
Applicant who meet the minimum requirements mentioned above can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the SATI bursary application form.
Additional Required Document
- ID document
- Matric certificate
- Academic qualifications
- Confirmation of registration at tertiary institution for the current year of study
- Proof of access to funds to cover other expenses NOT covered by the SATI bursary
- Details of other awards/ funding received or expect to receive
- Affidavit confirming that you are not in possession of any other bursary awards/ funding that will cover the expenses that the SATI bursary would (only if successfully selected)
*Note all the above documents must be certified when submitting
10 February 2019.
For any additional information related to SATI bursary, please contact the SATI directly:
The South African Translators’ Institute (SATI)
Tel: 051 522 2168