REAP bursary – REAP is a holistic Higher Education Support Programme. In an attempt to reduce poverty and empower young people to improve the quality of their lives, the Rural Education Access Programme (REAP) assists students from rural areas across South Africa to succeed at selected universities.
For successful applicants REAP provides a structured student development programme consisting of financial, psycho-social and skills development support.
REAP no longer provides full-cost bursaries and financial support is limited to R6000 per year. REAP students are required to do community service each year.
REAP Bursaries Available
- any field of studies
You can only apply for REAP bursary if you have provisional or confirmed formal acceptance at any of the following institutions:
- Central University of Technology
- Nelson Mandela University
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- University of the Free State
- University of the Western Cape
REAP Bursary Requirements
- South African citizen
- Applicants must come from a rural area and have attended a rural school
- Applicants must have written your NSC examinations at a rural school within the previous two (2) years
- Applicants must not be older than 24 years
- Applicants family/household income (including all grants and contributions) should not exceed R122 000 per year before any deductions (e.g. less than R10 167 per month)
- Applicants must produce proof your family/household income and social grants if requested to do so
- Applicants must have obtained more than 55% average for your NSC examinations (DO NOT use Life Orientation marks when calculating the average)
- Applicants must have been provisional or confirmed acceptance to study at any one of the institutions listed above.
- Applicants must have been accepted to stay in a residence or private accommodation approved and accredited by NSFAS.
How To Apply for REAP Bursary
Applications must be done online at: https://reap.devman.co.za/devman/web/bursary/
Please attach certified copies of the following documents when applying:
- ID Document
- Senior Certificate
- Proof of acceptance at tertiary institution
- Proof of total household income of parents or legal guardian
*Note your application will only be processed once you have been accepted as a student at any mentioned above universities.
22 February 2019 (No applications will be accepted after the closing date)
For any additional information related to this bursary, please contact the REAP directly:
Tel: 021 696 5500
Fax: 086 247 1028