Financial Service Board Bursary is now open for student who wishes to further their education of higher learning. The Financial Services Board (FSB) invites applications for study bursaries from current university students who are pursuing, or current matriculants who intend to pursue, full-time university study in actuarial science through a South African University from 2018. The successful candidates will be required to enter into a workback contract with the FSB proportional to the number of years they have been funded by the organisation.The Financial Services Board (FSB) is an independent institution established by statute as the regulator of the South African Non-Banking Financial Services Industry. Its mission and vision are to promote and maintain a sound financial Investment environment in South Africa.
Financial Service Board Bursary Requirements
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Successful completion of either first year or second year studies in actuarial science with an average mark of at least 65%
- Certified copy of a full academic record.
Financial Service Board Bursary Requirements for matriculants
- Letter of application
- Grade 11 results with a minimum of an A-symbol in Mathematics
- The final decision to award a bursary will depend on the Grade 12 results and admission to an actuarial study programme through a South African University.
Financial Service Board Bursary will cover the following:
- Registration and tuition fees
- Residential fees
- Textbooks relevant to study field
- A prescribed calculator and an allowance for a computer (once-off)
- A monthly allowance for incidental expenses.
Financial Service Board Bursary Experiential Learning:
The bursars will be required to spend a minimum of 4 weeks per year at the FSB during their vacation breaks for experiential learning. Only South African citizens are eligible to apply for the bursary.
How to apply
Interested applicants should forward their letter of application motivating why they should be awarded a bursary, a certified copy of their South African ID, a brief CV and their academic results to: Ms Wendy Leshaba, Learning and Development Manager, Financial Services Board, P.O. Box 35655, Menlo Park, 0102 or send the documents via electronic mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 August 2015.For telephonic enquiries please contact Ms Wendy Leshaba, tel. (012) 422-2962 or Mr Lordwin Shai, tel. (012) 428-8149. Note this bursary is now closed.