Fidelity Fund Bursary is now available. The Attorneys Fidelity Fund is a statutory client protection fund, providing protection against loss of money or property entrusted to attorneys. The Fund is committed to the enhancement of standards of legal education in South Africa, particularly for aspirant entrants into the attorneys’ profession, and we’d like to help you.
Fidelity Fund Bursary Requirements
- The minimum requirement for qualification for such a bursary is a BA (Law), B Comm (Law), B Iuris or B Proc degree or a similar qualification or proof of successful completion of the first two years of the revised 4-year LLB curriculum
- If you are currently in your 1st semester of your second year, we can assist with a bursary for your 3rd and 4th year of study.
- If you are currently in your 1st semester of your third year, we can assist with a bursary for your final year of study.
- Preference will be given to applicants in serious financial need, although outstanding academic merit will be taken into consideration.
- A bursary shall only be applied towards the tuition fees of a recipient.
- The Fund’s Board of Control will in each case determine the amount of the bursary
- A bursary can be awarded for a maximum period of two years at a South African University.
How to apply for Fidelity Fund Bursary
Note this bursary is no longer available. More bursaries available online Simply send Mr Shawn Africa a letter via post, fax or e-mail to request a prescribed application form or click here to download online
Write in to: Attorneys Fidelity Fund (Bursary Applications), P O Box 3062, Cape Town, 8000, requesting an application form.Submit completed application form to:
Bursary Co-ordinator (Bursaries), Attorneys Fidelity Fund, P O Box 3062, Cape Town, 8000. Faxed or e-mailed application forms will no be accepted.
The application form may ONLY be returned to the Fund’s offices once an official transcript of your academic record is obtained, and which reflects your results for the first semester of the year.
The academic transcript should accompany your application form. Closing date for applications is 15 August 2015.Kindly direct all queries to Shawn Africa on:Telephone: 021 424 4608Fax: 086 434 7299Email: LLBbursary@fidfund.co.zaPhysical Address: 5th Floor, Waalburg Building, 28 Wale Street, Cape Town, 8001, South AfricaWebsite: www.fidfund.co.za