Liberty bursary is granted for full-time study of Actuarial Science at various tertiary institutions. Applicants must show the ability to innovate and share our passion for people; thus maintaining our competitive advantage.
Successful applicants are expected to do a minimum amount of vacation work during the June and December holidays at Liberty Life’s Head Office in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.Bursaries are reviewed after each examination based on the student’s academic performance and are renewed annually.
All bursaries are granted on merit, but preference is given to black (African, Coloured and Indian) applicants.
Liberty Bursaries Available
- BSc in Actuarial Science
Liberty Bursaries Requirements
- Excellent overall results including a distinction for higher grade mathematics.
- A minimum of two distinctions (including mathematics) if higher grade physical science is one of the incumbent’s subjects.
- A minimum of four distinctions (including mathematics) if physical science is not one of the incumbent’s subjects.
- At tertiary level, students must maintain continuous excellence in academic performance in all subjects.
- Good leadership qualities and participation in extramural activities such as sports, debating societies, chess clubs and various Olympiads, etc are an added advantage
How To Apply
Liberty Bursary Application Form Available online
Note this bursary is no longer available. More online bursaries available here
Liberty is a progressive African wealth management group which, for more than fifty years, has delivered innovative long-term solutions that assist customers to achieve financial stability in their chosen lifestyles and throughout their life cycles.
As a group of companies Liberty offers an extensive, market-leading range of products and services to help customers build and protect long-term wealth.
These include life and health-related insurance, investment management and retirement income facilitation. Customers have flexible choices and the input provided by Liberty’s advisers equips them with the knowledge and expert advice they need to make the right decisions with confidence, no matter what their stage of life.